Welcome Bob,

I will give you the standard forum reply, first uttered by our own Ray3 (must give credit where credit is due), when faced with a difficult situation such as yours. Sell the wife! Ray, like you and I, is retirement age, and knoweth whereof he speaketh.

I have a room about the same length and width, but with only an 8 ft. ceiling. Truthfully, I've never heard any of the speakers in the Epic Master systems (M3s/VP100/QS4s/Ep175/Ep350/EP500), except the EP500 subwoofer, one of which proudly sits in the corner of my room. Thus, it's difficult for me to assess whether any of the systems would be enough for your room. However, I feel very safe in saying any of them will embarrass the Bose system.

The best advice I can give is recommending you pick up the phone; give Axiom a call; and explain your needs, wants, and wifely limitations. They are very nice, down to earth folk, will NOT try to hype you into anything you neither need nor want, and they certainly will be able to provide knowledgeable advice about the Epic Master systems. I assure you the results will be well worth the expense of the call.

Keep working on the wife about the M80s. Try the "but honey, if we get them in a custom wood finish they'll look like works of art" routine.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton