I had also previously seen the concept car when it was introduced. There are some more views at a recent Edmunds review. I like it.

I don't think GM should be scorned for reviving styling cues from cars that many people perceive as classic. On the contrary; revival of risk-taking, creativity and differentiation in the automotive art form is something to be savored by those generations fortunate enough to experience it.

There are many examples of both successful and failed attempts at "retro styling". Is anybody talking about the Thunderbird any more? The PT Cruiser looks interesting, but (IMO) is an absolute POS to drive. The numerous other Dodge examples have already been mentioned. That Chevy truck looks pretty nice to me, but it's way too expensive and doesn't seem like a Real Truck. While Ford never abandoned the Mustang nameplate, even after the latest improved redesign, I'm still kind of on the fence about it aesthetically (that B pillar is too fat or something). Anybody care to comment on the Toyota FJ? The Cooper Mini seems like a success from all angles.

Point being, consumers seem to be enjoying this trend, and who am I to impugn some other consumer's choice, especially when it supports American manufacturing jobs. Fossil fuels - smoke 'em if you got 'em.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem