I agree completely Tom. I just remember having that conversation with my wife years ago when I built my first home theater. "You want to do what?" and "We could GO see a lot of movies for that much money!" were phrases I heard a lot.

She has changed over the years. In fact, she is the one that encouraged me to set "something" up in our current house (which prompted my Axiom purchase). It was less than ideal, so SHE suggested that I build a dedicated room (in the drywall stages right now). Maybe she is a movie junkie after all.

I think that one of the best parts of watching a movie at home is the ability to pause it! If is has a complicated plot line, my wife will sometimes ask me questions during the show. At a movie theater, I end up trying to watch and listen to the movie and answer her question at the same time. She doesn't ask them a lot, but as luck seems to have it, the questions come right before an action sequence, or key line to the movie is spoken, and I miss it.

Plus, no more "I guess I'll take the kids to the bathroom" and missing part of the show. Pause, wait, play...

I do think that it is important to try to reduce interuptions to stay "immersed" in the movie, but you are right. That is nice to be able to do. As is the ability to put my feet up in the comfotable seeting, watch the show when I want to without having to get there early to get the "best seats" (I know you all do too). Besides, how else could I do a 12+ hour "Lord of the Rings (Ex. Edition) marathon with friends if I couldn't do it at home.

As for the other question about downloading movies, I can't wait to get a nice HTPC (maybe next year) and start messing around more with downloadable movies. Legal, of course.

Farewell - June 4, 2020