i have the ati HD tuner card in my computer, and i like it ok.. but it is not as easy to use as the HD cable box, so i wound up just using the cable box, however if you have more free time than i (mabe 1 or 2 hours a day at the most) then the ati card would probably work for you, i just dont have the time to fiddle with it to get it to record what i want when i want, however i am pretty sure that it is possible, and the ati software seems pretty easy to use, and the hardware would probably be wonderful with microsoft media center OS.. dont know for sure thoughl..

i think it would be great to get a HD card for the computer, if you plan on recording HD movies, sense you can have pretty much unlimated recording space though the computer, and depdning on where you want to put the computer, you could just get a regular case, and get a RF keyboard/mouse, and have the actual computer in the next room, and just run longer cables to the reciever. if it were me, thats what i would do, just get the biggest server case you can afford, throw a crap load of hard drives in there, and record everything... thats just me though.