When I started looking at Axioms, I was looking at the M22's, VP100, and QS4's with another brand sub. I soon changed my design to include the bigger VP150 for even better dialog. Then my plans changed for the room I was going to use and it was no longer going to be a dedicated area, but an open family room. Thus, I needed "more power" (as Tim Allen would say). I needed to be able to move more air since the space was greatly increasing. So I blow the budget and end up with M60 fronts, QS8 surrounds, and the Vp150 I already talked about. I picked up an SVS PCi 20-39 since I needed a 12" sub with good power for the area.

So, what does that have to do with you, right? Well, I just moved everything into a dedicated theater room (long story) about 15 months after I got them. The dedicated theater room is about 11' wide by about 15' long with 8 foot ceilings. This is more the size that the M22 was made for, in my understanding, but I really LOVE the full sound of the speakers that I do have, and I will never wonder if it I should have gotten something bigger/better. I can watch movies at lower volumes (compared to in the larger area)and still have amazing sound. The sub isn't "hammering" as hard, and yet sounds very involving. The QS8s are now finally set in positions where they can really perform.

So would your configuration be overkill? Absolutely not. Will it be enough? It should be fine. Would architectural series speakers work? You bet. Do you have just as many questions now as when you started? I am sure you do...

Good luck and welcome.

Farewell - June 4, 2020