That's a spiffy looking cabinet there, but I'd be leery of shoving those M60's inside of it. I know you've got some serious WAF issues, and that's tricky to work with.

I agree with Alan's article. I'd be a little worried that cramming large floorstanding speakers like M60's inside an AV rack might do some weird things to the overall sound quality. I really don't know what I'm talking about, so take my words with a grain of salt. I do know that most speakers do need some breathing room. I was recently tinkering with the placement of my m22's and found a subtle improvement in soundstage just by pulling them out about a foot from the plane of my TV/AV rack line. YMMV, of course. I may be crazy too.

I'd also worry a little bit about your other compenents in that AV rack. I know a few audiophile buddies are very picky about extraneous vibration in gear rack, and I wonder how much reverberation you'll get in the AV cabinet during bass heavy music from the M60's? Hate to have the CD player start skipping during the loud stuff!

Bridgman has some great ideas. Cabinet doors that slide back in after opening would be nice. I don't think your wife is going to be too happy with cabinet doors hanging open everywhere all the time. See if you can get some kind of trays that would allow you to pull the speakers out a few inches from the cabinet - even if it's just for times when you're listening to music alone!

But anyway, that's a really nice looking cabinet. I hope the situation works out for you!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office