Here’s a few more pictures. I finished the screen Saturday and have watched a couple movies on it. I tried some DIY screen paint mix that Randy turned me onto a few months ago. It’s called RS-maxsmudd and the guy who came up with it has an even better mix that he sells, which I didn't know until today. If I would have known that, I would have just bought it instead of screwing with mixing paint. I don’t really know what characteristics a good screen is supposed to have, so my opinion is pretty much worthless. But if you want it, I think it’s some great stuff and it really brings out colors and works well with or without light in room. The images are the best I’ve ever seen on a home theater system in person. But I have to admit that I haven’t seen very many so take that for what it's worth. So far three of my friends have been over and all of them want to know where I bought my speakers and if I’d make them a screen.

I figured out pretty quick that either my little Wagner sprayer is a piece of crap or I can’t spray paint, or a combination of both which I suspect is the case because there are some screw ups on the screen. In retrospect, I should have practiced spraying a little, but I was in a hurry so I just winged it. I still don’t know what to do next time, but I do know what not to do. So if you get the itch to try one of these DIY screens, drop me a line and I’ll tell you what not to do. Although I’m enjoying the heck of this system as is, I know that I just have to go the whole CIH thing, so I’ll be building a different screen in a few months after I can scrape up some more money for all the gizmo’s to make that work without too much fiddling.

Some screen shots….

I also tried my hand at making a velvet boarder and figured out that that isn’t all that easy either. Rapping velvet around a compound double mitered corner sucked. Then I had to figure out how to install it on the board, and I figured out how not to do that….

Her's the stairs / hallway to the basement.

Here’s a shot of the other spare bedroom. It has a full bath and cedar lined walk in closet. Tom, you’ll have to bring your sleeping bags, because I’ve got more electronic gadgets to buy before I buy furniture.

This is the kitchette I need to finish. The freezer is quite happy there for now.

Here’s the HT bathroom.

Here’s what I stared out with this last winter……

Now that the basement's about done, I reckon I ought to cut the grass....