Hello Spiffnme,

As for the audio, I have the M-Audio Revolution 7.1. It has SPDIF Coax out, I use it all the time to pipe my vast music collection sitting on my HD to my pre-amp using a 75 Ohm coax cable connected to the AUX port. Works like a charm. Althought the X-Fi is, in MHO, the fist CL audio card that approaches the quality of the M-Audio, I think the Revo is still a better card if you don't intend on doing a lot of gaming ie: 4.1 / 5.1 on your PC. The Revo plays games just fine but does not support as well the proprietary CL EAX . I have used every imaginable CL audio card since the very first one and I find the Revo to be superior, only the X-Fi comes close.

as for some of your other components, the Seasonic is a great PSU, I am running the S12 600W in my new pc now. I am of the AMD camp as opposed to Intel so I am running the Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ cpu on the Nvidia Nforce 570 chipset. Solid combination. I switched to AMD back in the very first Athlons and I have not looked back ever since. Although Intel is more on par with their prices recently, there was a time where Intel was significantly more expensive for less performance than AMD..Just my preference, AMD for CPU, Nforce for chipset and ATI Radeon for vid card.

Cheers,

Stephane

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400