So the xbox 360 with a VGA cable adapter has the ability to upconvert DVDs to 720p and 1080i. The problem I have is that I don't want to run a VGA cord through the walls and ceiling all the way to the back of the room. This will then make it so that I have 3 cable runs for the video (Component, HDMI, and VGA) all with wall plates...makes for a messy look.

I am wondering if it is possible to use a VGA to Component cord such as the one below without the need for a transcoder:

Click here for the specs

It states the following:

"Do not assume that this cable will work just because you have a VGA port (ie. you can't use this cable to connect your PC to a device that only accepts component video, since PCs do not output component video).

This cable is for Satellite TV, HDTV, Component RGB Video, Y/ Pb /Pr Video and most LCD Projectors."

So technically, the Xbox 360 outputs both Component and VGA so it should work on that respect regardless of what is plugged in to it for output. It also states that it will work with most LCD projectors and I am planning on the AE900...so shouldn't it work on all accounts?

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com