Hi jhunt17,
"">>but what about picture quality. Are these projectors better overall picture then my picture I have now. One issue that i have with my tv that I wonder if can be fixed with a projector is when there is quick motion across the screen the picture drags and begins to pixilate and become blurry.

This most likely has nothing to do with your TV. Your DVD player is most likely the culprit not being able to process the data fast enough in high demanding scenes. I would suggest picking up a new DVD player (the Oppo 971 is an awsome upscaling DVD, upscales to 720p/1080i via DVI-D)""

Is your Hitachi Ultravision an LCD rear-screen projector? If so, that would explain the "image lag" with fast lateral motion. The image lag is not an artifact of the DVD player. In the past, image lag has always been an intrinsic problem with many LCD display devices, because the LCD pixels don't turn on and off fast enough, so there is a "tail" or shadow that lags behind fast-moving horizontal objects.

New LCD panels are much improved in this regard. I don't know if LCD front projectors have also improved. I would think so. I have not noticed any image lag on the new Sony LCD Bravia rear-screen projectors.

DLP front projectors do not suffer from image lag with fast horizontal action (DLP has its own intrinsic artifacts, including rainbow effects that bother some viewers).

If you want the image to "pop", check out the Optoma HD72 DLP front projector. At last January's CES, it produced a stunning picture that was superior to any other projectors I viewed except a $10,000 Optoma.

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)