Quote:

Tarun,

Well I guess I get to join you in the disgruntled 7300 club. HK sent me the firmware upgrade disk to resolve a DD surround selection bitch I had. Halfway through it, it locked up. Four hours later I had to shut the program down and now the AVR is completely dead. I also had another problem that I didn’t really care about. The component input would not switch from DVD component input to the other two component inputs. I didn’t really need this, but it bugged me nonetheless.

But in defense to HK’s customer service, they are exchanging the 7300 for a new 745. I suppose I’ll have to pick up a three channel amp to drive my mains and center speakers if this 745 won’t crank them the way I like. I guess I’ll just wait and see if this 745 will drive them OK.

This is my second HK that I’ve had problems with. I sure hope the 745 will not give me problems.

No HT until the new AVR gets here. Man, I’m already going through withdrawals……….

GOOD LUCK!
I had a miserable time with them getting my unit repaired.
I had to take it to a dealer and 3 months later I got a refurb 7300 back. I parted ways with it never to own a HK again. I was very dissapointed with their customer service....I have used HK's for years without issue...but one problem is all it takes to show that they dont really care about their so called FLAGSHIP product.

Anyhow....I am now using 3 amps and bought a mid range Denon 2807 from Dakmart as suggested above. I may get the 2807 or the 987 which are both the same in essence except the remote....depends what comes first.

Good Luck with your issue....hope it gets resolved.

One idea may be to go buy a cheap open box to use while this is being replace/repaired/etc.

-------------------------------------
Denon 4308
M80x2,VP150,EP600,4xQS8