Quote:

I have been impressed with the Sandisk series of MP3 players. Good price and sound quality, for an MP3 any way. My wife has the E series 512MB and it works great. My niece has a different Sandisk, can't remember the series but it too sounds good and was inexpensive.

We have been researching MP3 players for my 12 year old. She says "For Christmas, I would like an iPod." OK. Does she really mean iPod, or just an MP3 player. I realize that iPod presents a certain image thanks to good marketing.

So the new Microsoft Zune comes out. I think that it is cool to have the bigger screen, etc, but for a 12 year old girl who most likely prioritizes "small and cute" higher than "big and cool (at least to me)" it was out the door. Maybe Zune 2.0 in 2 years will be better.

Anyway, long story short, the top two that I could consistantly come up with top reviews were the iPod (obviously) and the Sansa e200 series MP3 players.

So, what did we do? We bought an iPod Nano (pink) and a Sansa e260. The Sansa was a little cheaper, and has a good (according to reviews) FM tuner, FM recorder, and voice recorder (don't know if that will get used). Our daughter likes listening to the radio too, so it seems like a better fit, but Best Buy was running a $25 gift card for an iPod purchase thing, so we will hang on to both, and let her pick at Christmas.

Good luck.

Farewell - June 4, 2020