Quote:

Haha yeah i know core Best Buy has nothing comparable, but Best Buy Magnolia Home Theater has some pretty decent stuff (If you like Martin Logans, Vienna Acoustics, or Def Tech)

Oooh ooh, I can help. I own a pair of m22ti's and the VP150 center. I've been thinking about upgrading to M60/M80's and I've been listening to a lot of other speakers while deciding what to do. I did stop by my local Best Buy's Magnolia room and critically listened to the speakers you mentioned. I'm far from an expert, but I can compare them all to the Axiom sound of the m22's.

The Martin Logans sounded 'tinny' and hollow to me. Not much bass and quite unimpressive. The Vienna Acoustics were better - the mid and high ranges were clear and crisp but not too agressive. Goregous wood cabinets. Not much bass, but the speakers themselves seemed accurate with respect to the music. And in that they reminded me of the m22's, but were $2,400/pair. The Def techs sounded like Klipsch to me, lots of boomy bass, and very aggressive highs with mediocre mid-range. Nice piano-black finish, but wrap-around speakers covers that couldn't be removed.

Again, I'm not an expert, so don't take my word for it. I really like my Axioms, and I'm glad I purchased them. They really are quite nice and compare favorably with speakers costing twice as much.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 12/25/06 02:07 AM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office