Alan, thanks for the response. I would love Floorstanding M60's, but the limitations of my room really dont allow for it.

My TV will go in a 6ft wide x 20" deep cove where there is no room, nor would I want to hide M60's in there. On either side is 18" of wall(where I want to mount M22's) before openings to 2 other rooms.

Adjacent to the Rt. Front of the Ent. Unit(recessed cove) is a stub wall that is 5 ft away and its somewhat of a high traffic area down to a game room,office, mechanical room, bathroom. So it would only really leave approx 3 ft space between the M60's and stub wall. I'm sure my kids will run into them there, not to mention they would look out of place there.

I hear you and thats why I was wondering if M22's will be adequate. I'm late 30's and like big sound, but dont necessarily need to crank the metal any more. Listening tastes are more Seger, Stones, Clapton, Tragically Hip, Mellencamp, along with some jazz/Blues like Coltrane, John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Junior Wells, Nora Jones, etc. The odd time I may feel the need for some AC/DC or Zeppelin, but its not the norm.

Are the M22's too small?? Should I look at some other kind of room configuration?

Thanks, Al