I've demoed Klipsch's higher end line compared to B&W (603/4, 703), Energy (Veritas 2.4i), and Axioms. I don't know the exact model that you have, but all of the Klipsch speakers I've ever heard seem overly bright with a hollow mid-range with strong, boomy bass. Not terribly pleasant to my ears.

I suspect you will find Axiom's to be significantly different. On their own,M22's don't have the presence of large, floor-standing speakers. They do have a great, even, smooth response and with a good sub sound lovely.

My listening room is about the same size as yours, and the m22's work quite well. A good quality sub is extremely important. I was hell-bent on upgrading to m60's recently, but was convinced by many here that the best choice was to get a better sub. Made a huge difference in the overall presence of the sound in my den. I stil think that *eventually* I'm going to want M60's, but the sub made a huge improvement.

If you're going to make sure you have a nice sub, the m22's will work well. Without a sub, they will be lacking and M60's would be a better choice.

I see that you mention mounting the m22's on a wall. Have you taken a look at the W22's in the architectural series? They are a more fitting choice if you're talking about wall-mounting your speakers.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 01/10/07 09:50 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office