Quote:

Its not all that hard to find better speakers than axioms, but it dam near impossible to find a better value.

Thanks, I agree. I auditioned some speakers at Jakewash's yesterday and they were clean, clear and transparent with adequate bass. Some Bob Marley, U2, Neil Young all had noticeable bass which was due to the recordings, while some Seger, and other Blues and Latin music was not as heavy as they are not bass heavy recordings.

The one thing I did notice was the clarity of the sound. The live recording of Segers "turn the page" was so clean and crisp and while listening to something from Beuna Vista Social Club I could clearly notice the percussion from the bongo drum and string bass that I had not noticed before. (on my old Bose 201's) It was pretty cool.

Rockin' in the Free World sounded good, but it was a bad recording from a live performance from Neil Young....I wanted to see what a bad recording sounded like.

To make a long post even longer, I think after my credit card bills finish rolling in this month...I'm gonna order up a pair of M22's to start building my system around.

The Axiom fit nicely between the sound of the tinny and bright Klipsch and the NHT which were warmer, but seemed to get muddied more at higher volumes. The PSB Image I tried were nice, but the store wouldnt let me listen to it at any louder volumes because they couldnt talk on their phones over the music (that was sketchy).

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll know better when they get in my house in a month or so.