Quote:

And this thing passes anything you throw at it out of the HDMI output...so its awesome.

I have had some issues with hdmi on 2807.
cable box Atlantic Scientific 8300 HD. The hdmi works until I switch the input on the reciever from the cable box and then back again. Then all the colors are green. The only way to fix this is to reboot the cable box, so the ultimate issue is in the cable box's, or the switching thereof.

I have my computer connected via DVI-->HDMI cable. When I switch inputs and back, sometimes the computer image does not come up unless I logout and login again. Yes this is probably the computer and not the reciever.

Also the onscreen display of the 2807 has 2 different components. the setup section takes over the whole screen, while the status and the effect pages are overlays on your existing screen. the overlays are limited to certain resolutions, and unusable when using an hdmi cable to the television and a 720p source. I would download the manual and study the cryptic chart concerning upconversions and all the footnotes regarding the setup and overlays. It's my opinion the manual doesnt go out of its way to highlight the limitations of the on screen display. There are workarounds if you are willing to run additional cable from your sources and to your tv (svideo). then you could switch your tv input when wanting to use the overlays.

The Audyssey makes some sever EQ adjustments in the 12x16 carpeted room in which my equipment is setup. there are some bands greater than -6 db. I dont consider it an improvement. I have been working a way to get the setup screens into the computer so I can get some screenshots of them. Another thing it does is put my M22 as large speakers. I can say the level adjustments of the Audyssey are dead on. I have been tempted to test out its polarity check, but have not done so yet. I musta got them right the first time.

Dont get me wrong, I like the reciever and it sounds good, but I dont consider the current status of its HDMI implementation nor the Audyssey MultiEQ "all that and a bag of chips "

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4