I'm glad its working well for you. Its those M80's

I should probably rephrase my last comment as " my current implementaton of HDMI and Audyssey MultEQ shouldnt be considered all that and a bag of chips" I would say I am more dissapointed with HDMI than anything.

I'm curious, did you have your axiom speakers and get adjusted to them before you got the 2807, or did you get all your stuff at about the same time? This could be a case of my ears getting adjusted to,what I have heard been described as, the "forward" sound of the M22. The "flat" setting of MultEQ lowers the 4-8khz levels of my M22's an average of -4.5db. Of course the room characteristics should be taken into consideration. I have the M22 on the carpeted floor, so the tweeters are 17" off the carpet. The primary reference is 40" off the ground, about 12' back. Windows on 2 sides covered with miniblinds, mirror on the 3rd wall. I wouldnt expect a lot of high freq reflections, as the tweeters are more or less pointed at the couch/loveseat.

Another question. If you wish to bump up the volume on the center channel, or back off the sub just a bit, how do you do it ? When using the right resolutions (mostly 480i), if you hit the chselect/enter button on the remote, it quickly brings up a nice overlay to goose the settings, although I do wish the Mains/surrounds had the L/R chained together.

This reciever does beat my old entry level Yamaha(the cheapest) to pieces. the main things I appreciate are adjustable crossover freq, on screen setup, auto level calibration, and of course more power. My holy grail is to never have to switch the input on the tv, and to have full access to the on screen overlays.

Randy

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4