But while the signal is still in the cable it is just voltage and isn't there a bunch of soldered joints with in your amps, receivers and crossovers? None of the solder in those items seems to cause a problem.

Solder is an excelent conductor. A properly soldered connection is considered 'electrically continuous', meaning that the conductivity loss it creates is negligable to almost all applications.

However, defects and poor techniques like adding too much solder can actually decrease the conductivity of stranded wires. Also, excess heat can change the chemical properties of the metals involved to the point where the solder and/or copper can become less conductive or even brittle to the point of easier breakage.

Therefore the less soldering you need to make a solid connection, the better.

Those items are for sure. Now here's something for debate. Passing voltage is one thing and and twisting wires together and black taping or soldering should have little effect if done tightly and properly.

but

passing analogue audio also concerns using the wire not just to pass the voltage but also to pass on the proper sine wave/frequency within that voltage to recreate the sound on the other end.

Now I believe that if you use the right guage for the application and use a continuous strand of the same cable all the way for the speaker run that all this hocus pocus about expensive (ie Monster) cables' weave patterns and so on is once again negligable to the sound quality of speaker wire.
but....
When you twist two wires together, does the big temporary bump in guage size and the loss of continuously aligned copper strands have any effect on the accuracy of the wave pattern (frequency) passing through it???? It has to have some effect but is it negligable to our audible application or can one of those 'trained ears' out there notice a difference.

This, I don't know. I could experiment with a scope at work here but I'd probably get a greivance because Im management and somebody would think I'm doing thier job or something.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.