Excellent answer, the theory itself is exactly why I tried to word my question in such a way as to separate the idea of current verses the wave of the frequency. I was indeed wondering about the effect on the signal verses the current itself. I think this still answers it.

I often have to explain to customers why we add "ceiling current" (more voltage than is required to send the data signals) to certain types of data runs. It is is not to improve their signal quality whatsoever nor is it to keep them from tinkering with the cable (shock value) but because having voltage run through copper wire helps to keep it from deteriorating over time.

This explanation would also be handy to explain inductance, i.e. why signals interfere with one another when poorly shielded cables are run close together.

As a useless side point, not that it matters, we could get the electron flow to come very close to keeping up with the electromagnetic wave if we made speakers with a material like Uranium. If I remember correctly, radioactive materials can have electron flow movement at very close to the speed of light. I can see Monster trying to market this as a benefit in their new cables but I'm thinking it won't be very healthy.

P.S.
I had t reread the linked page a few times to 'get it'.
So far in coming to this forum I have benefited from
- Learning tons more about audio theory
- Rediscovered now unpleasant memories of the fashion habits of my old headbanger heroes. (Damn you BrenR)
- actually had to use the algebra I thought would be useless when I grew up.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.