I've read many times that a particular sub is picky regarding location, or "easy to place". I'm not talking physical size here, but rather for best sound.

I don't understand. Considering the length of low frequencies, wouldn't a good location fo one sub be just as good for the next, since it's more about the room dimensions? And, considering two subs would both be reproducing 28Hz, and 44Hz and 71.6Hz, how could one sub be "difficult to place" and another "easy to place"?

If a room has a problem with 37Hz, with a huge suckout or peak for example, shouldn't two different subs placed in the same location have the same FR issues?

In other words, I'm thinking that particular rooms are difficult...(Suck, even)... or well-designed and it's not the sub that is easy or difficult to place, but the room that causes issues.

Is this incorrect? (allowing for a situation such as having a room with a peak at 29Hz that would make a sub with a dip at 29Hz seem easier to place "in that particular room"...???

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::