No, haven't taken a sound meter to these particular components. And I understand that 100 watts can be very loud. But my understanding of the way power works, and I could be wrong, is that the lower the ohms, the more power needed to produce the same spl at any given level. Especially in the lower octaves, say in the 40 to 200 hz range, maybe more.

If you are familiar with the Outlaws 7700 / 990 I tend to listen to this setup at anywhere from -25db on the 990 to about -15db when I really want to do serious listening. It goes to +8db on the 990 but I have never actually pushed it to anything into the +'s with a source on. -10db is almost ear splitting.....not my cup of tea. I have no idea what amount of power that the 7700 is really putting out wattage wise. Right at -20db though there is a definite change in the character of the M80's, almost like they say "Yeah baby, I like this power!" They open up, warm up, expand, I don't know. Some one else may have a better term. Any way it's not a "loudness" thing, but a "quality" change that I hear. Any run of the mill amp can play things loud, but the quality is what impresses me. And I think that the Outlaws are a great piece of equipment for the price, how ever I believe that a better amp might have the lower volume fullness on the M80's that the Outlaw only produces at a louder volume.

I'm probably being a bit picky, but it's an audio thing. I have always said that it's fairly easy, relatively inexpensive to reach that 95 to 97% range in audio. But the last 3% or so will cost many many thousands more than I have invested at this point. Some day though!