Hi dazzling! Welcome to the Axiom forum!

And as we would say in the traditional welcome to the "Head-Fi" headphone forums: Welcome to Head-Fi and "Sorry about your wallet!"!!

....yes; an almost unimaginable array of options!!

Alans' suggestions about companies like Grado and Sennheiser among others is a good one. I followed his suggestion and it got me into a whole lot of trouble with my family!

But....I'm also having a whole lot of fun with the phones though since they sound so much like what my Axiom speakers would sound like if they were in a less "acoustically sucky" listening room!!

A word of warning however, if you manage to pop in at Head-Fi, don't make a serious mention about Bose. Their phones sound ok for cans in the $50 and under, range, but at the prices they charge......! Woah!

But if a person had Axiom speakers, the Grado or Grado/Alessandro models are a very good match for the speakers. You can bounce back and forth from cans to speakers with no acoustic shock. My Alessandro MS2i work great with my Axiom M50s!!

....well; in stereo mode for most types of music other than classical that is. For classical; a more laid-back set of phones with a more expansive soundstage is required, so for those, I've just chosen some Sennheisers. They aren't the thicker sounding more bass heavy HD650 model, but the slightly more forward HD600s with more naturally presented bass.

There are some phones that are somewhat more full-range. The AKG701 is a good one. There a lots of others!

One suggestion would be to drop by over at the Head-Fi web-site forums and just lurk for a bit. There is a forum for phones, for headphone amps..watch out for this one.. for sources, and bunches of other things related to headphone use.

Just watch out for your wallet!!
Rich.