I think both Mark and John have made valid points. While John has pointed out that Axiom's behavior is not abnormal, Mark has wondered why they haven't talked more about these products here on the forum.

I'm chuckling about this whole thing because, in addition to hanging out here, I hang out over at the av123 forum as well, and Mark Schifter operates in a completely different manner. He generates excitement about his products by announcing them way ahead, sometimes years ahead, of release and sharing nearly all the developmental headaches. But, he takes a lot of criticism, from competitors and forum members alike, for missing release date guesstimates and allowing the forum to see the goofs and glitches of the developmental process.

Now here is Axiom taking a little heat for not sharing that process. Two completely different approaches, and each has it's positives and negatives. I don't think either approach is "wrong." In fact, going by what I know of the two companies and their people, each has chosen the correct approach for them. I'm beginning to feel sorry for these manufacturers. It seems that no matter what they do, they are just not going to please all of the people all of the time.

It's just a guess on my part, but I suspect Mark is not as bent out of shape about not hearing about these products as he appeared in his first post, and John isn't as critical of Mark's question as he seems. As usual, it's not what we say, but rather how we say it, that gets us in trouble. What I know is that both are good guys, and assets to the forum.