OK, folks,

I am back after long discussions with you know whom and more measuring.

She wants "built-in" bookshelves. Long story short, my 16' long room became more like 14'. We have to put my components inside the bookshelves, and the amp I want is 19" deep. So she's building a (dry)wall 2' in front of the old wall, and "cutting" the (dry)wall for the bookshelves, flat panel AND fireplace! How I'm gonna hang the flat panel on drywall remains to be determined.

So my question is: how far can I sit from the M60s for good sound? From what I read, I don't want them inside the bookshelves, and I also want some room around them. If I place them 1' in front of the bookshelves and add their 15" depth, the front grill is now at 11.75' from the back wall...

What do I do? My budget allows for the M60s, I want the M60s, but now that my room has gotten smaller, should I go with the M22s?

Please provide ideas, corrections on my thinking (like "who says you can't ....").

Also, is it ok for the display to be a foot or two behind the fronts? From the image on the main axiom.com page, I would think yes.

The new measurements: on the right wall with the 2 windows: from the back wall to the back window: 28". Both windows are 53" in width. Between windows: 32". Second window to front wall as it is right now: 28".

Thank you lots,
Rodney

Rodney

Denon AVR-3312ci
Mains: M22 v2
Center: VP150 v2
Surrounds: QS8s v2
Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK3