Quote:

Quote:

Isn't that sort of the idea, though? I thought you weren't really supposed to actively 'notice' the mix that's being sent to the surrounds? (...at least with Home Theatre. Surround setup for audio is a whole different beast, from what I can tell...) Anyway, it seems pretty common for people to turn up the surrounds, rears and subs (!) a bit more than they should in order to emphasize the fact that they have them.

I'd say in general terms the ambience effects shouldn't jump out at you... except in action sequences in certain movies where directional info is intentionally sent to the rears / surrounds and you're meant to hear them there. I occasionally change the surround / sub levels to suit my taste.

Agreed, You don't want constant ambient noise from them unless it belongs there, but if a bullet or jet is flying by from front to back, I want to hear it zing to the back.

Could be just my preference but when a lighting strike makes me jump and turn around to see if one of my wall outlets exploded behind me, you'll hear me say "cool!"

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.