I THOUGHT I was done with selecting my components. Here is what I have chosen so far...

M80/VP150/QS8 combo for Left, Right, Center and rears
HSU VTF-3MK3 for sub

Now I have been trying to select something to drive them. I have narrowed it down to the

Emotiva LMC-1/LPA-1 combo or
Outlaw 1070

Pros and cons, the Emo is rated at 125W into 8 ohms(225 at 4) all channels driven. The Outlaw is half the power rating at 65w into 8 ohms (no 4 ohm rating on web site), but it has a lip snyc delay the Emo lacks. So far I have only had one lip sync issue watching DirectTV, and it was solved by unplugging the receiver and restarting it. I had chosen the Outlaw at first and kept seeing Emotiva mentioned by many people. I checked it out and my jaw dropped when I saw the specs for the price. But I have to admit, there is a flag up with me right now, the Emo combo almost sounds too good to be true.

Right now I am leaning on the Emo since I will be driving the 4ohm M80s. I had been a somewhat concerned that the Outlaw would be a little on the lean side for power. I do not have the money for the 1070/monoblock combo. I do enjoy high listening levels in a vaulted ceiling room measuring approximately 16x20 and opens into the kitchen and hallway

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by bhull; 03/12/07 05:49 PM.