Quote:

Quote:

I do believe that the LMC-1 has issues.

Read Gonk at AV123 forum

An interesting development has occured after you posted that link. If you continue reading that thread, Dan Laufman has made a statement concerning the LMC-1. He has said all remaining issues have been resolved...and will be making an announcement tomorrow explaining all the details

We will see...

Awesome! I checked it out and am suprised the president of the company himself posted there...nice to see them paying attention and rectifyng issues. So far I am completely sold on this combo....now I just need some more overtime to be able to afford all this!

Kinda funny, I was originally going to buy a DefTech Pro Cinema 1000 and some kind of Denon receiver. Then I screwed myself by doing some research, learning about response curves and other ratings. Slowly as I read more and more, my budget kept crawling up and up. I went from wanting that combo to wanting a combo that is going to cost more than twice as much as I had intended to spend. I think the running tally is going to be around $4200 (I know, thats not a lot for many HT/Audiophiles, but its a lot for my middle class ass)...but I know I am trading/paying for the difference of "oh that sounds really good" to "OH MY GOD!"...and considering the price points of a lot of products, I think the chosen components are at the real sweet spot for price/performance.

Anyway, I have about half the money saved up and should be ready to order everything within the next 60 days or so...really looking forward to having a pair of M80s flanking my TV and the HSU sub sitting next to my couch.