On my M60s, the binding posts are at the bottom on the back and the lower of the two rear ports is a couple of feet off the ground. On the front the port is maybe 11" off the ground under the very bottom of the grill, and the woofer is just above that.

Unless your dog is a wire-chewer I don't think you need to worry. The port is deep enough to keep out all but the most determined cat paws. You can consider it dog-proof.

Agree that 10 hours is a long time in a cage, although for a puppy it's a long time even with the run of the house. I had pretty good luck finding neighbors who would stop in and let them out for a few minutes -- your dog looks like one the neighbors would be happy to look after.

I managed to find a cage big enough to fit any two nephews or all the dogs in the neighborhood, so while it ain't cozy at least it ain't cramped... and if they *do* have to go in the crate they can go at one end and have lots of room in the other end. I wouldn't leave my dogs in the traditional training crate for that long, but if you get a bigger cage then it's more like "restricting them to part of the house".

Last edited by bridgman; 03/26/07 12:52 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8