Hi Tom,
Fabulous review! I echo your sentiments regarding the show. It sounds like my wife and I had similar seats to yours. I found myself using binoculars quite often when the visuals were playing. The live footage of the band was great (not enough though). Was watching Mr. Peart most of the time. (Note to Dave, bring binoculars!) BTW, Neil's new drum kit sounds awesome and the drum solo is worth the price of admission.

The new music was very impressive which I was really looking forward to hearing. Far Cry, Workin Them Angels and the Main Monkey Business will be future Rush concert classics. I could feel the heat from 125ft. on the pyro/fire on One Little Victory. I thought Geddy's voice sounded far better than the R30 and Rio dvd's. The sound was loud however we did not resort to ear plugs. Other bands like Metallica will have your ears ringing the following day! The musicianship of Rush is nothing short of stellar. The improv on YYZ was classic.

A cool thing happened early in the show. A white owl flew over our section and sat up in the rafters for about 5 minutes. Reminded me of the album cover of Fly By Night.

The venue (The Amphitheater at Clark County) was a great facility although the on-site parking is limited at 7,200 cars. The local transit were running shuttles to and from the Clark County Fairgrounds (outstanding service as we were back at our hotel 25 minutes after the show ended). One of the staff told me they seat 10,000 under cover and 5,000 on the back lawn. I believe the show was sold out. The weather was great, scattered clouds and around 80 degrees (we were lucky).

Met some interesting Rush aficionados before the show. One fellow has seen every tour and according to his wife owns every t-shirt. I purchased a tour program and the white Snakes & Arrows tour shirt. It was an expensive weekend but worth the trip. My wife is a very casual Rush fan but she was astounded by the performance.

Maybe on the next Rush tour we can try to get some of the Axiom crowd together and attend a show? That would be fun
Cheers,
Shaun