Well, I've finally got some walls up (2)...I know I'm moving slowly. The HT room ended up being 12.5ft wide and 15 ft long. Of course, the more you build the more questions you have. I'll just ask 2 for now. The first is concerning rear channel placement. Basically the main watching area (couch) is at one end of the 15ft. It is off centre do to the fact of a door into the furnace/laundry room. That leaves me with on 1 side wall about 2ft from the side of the couch and no wall on the other side, a door will be there entering into the room about 4ft away. The couch is right up against the wall so my first question is this....I assume with a room this size I would go with a QS4, but where would I put it? If I put them on stands they would be only 1ft away from couch on either side which I assume is too close. The other option is to mount them on the wall. I read in a post that Ian reccomends a wall mount to be 7ft from the floor, my room being a basement would put them next to the ceiling so that won't work. As far as i can tell the best option would be between 4-5ft up and mounted on the wall. The problem is of course the speakers are directly behind the seating area. Anything I'm not thinking off?

My second question is this............does anyone have any experience using resilient strips on the 2X4's before the drywall is applied? I'm thinking of using them with a rubber gasket on the screws. And also double drywalling the walls. I'll definitely double up on the drywall on the wall between the furnace room (that is the wall the couch backs onto)

Well, thats it for now. I'll be back with more questions as the room takes shape.

Scott