Ok, I'm trying to understand Bi Amping 80's with seperate monoblock amps. I've read many articles online that talk about "true" bi amping is when you disable the speakers "passive" crossover and use a seperate external "high pass" and "low pass" crossover. See schematic below.

Now, I'm trying to decide if the Axiom m80's have a "passive" type crossover or not, I do not believe they do. Below is a portion of a website that was talking about biamping. You see it mentions most speakers that have dual speaker terminals have a built in "high" and "low" pass crossover design, versus a passive design.

Bi-amping and bi-wiring
It's becoming more common for higher-performance speakers to include dual sets of terminals, usually binding posts. Models with dual terminals almost always also feature a special type of crossover with separate "high-pass" and "low-pass" sections.

Speakers with dual sets of terminals work fine when used with a single set of speaker cables. In fact, they usually come from the factory set up for conventional operation, with "jumpers" installed between the two sets. These jumpers can be easily removed for bi-amping or bi-wiring.
Bi-amping means that instead of driving a speaker full-range with a single channel of amplification through a single set of speaker cables, you actually connect two sets of cables, with each set carrying the signal from a separate amplifier (or amp channel). This way, both low-frequency drivers (woofers) and high-frequency drivers (tweeters) receive dedicated amplification.

Bi-wiring involves connecting two sets of cables to your speakers, like bi-amping, but both sets of cables connect to the same set of output connectors on your receiver or amplifier. Bi-wiring doesn't deliver more wattage to your speakers, so it doesn't offer as dramatic a sonic improvement as bi-amping. Still, many audiophiles find that it offers subtle improvements in imaging and detail.

So since the 80's are the top of the line Axiom speaker, do they have a high and low pass design, or passive? If they are setup with a high and low pass crossover design, they should be able to be "truely" bi amped. I also talked to JC at Axiom tonight and he said if you have seperate monoblock amps that are 300 watts each, you would then be providing the 80's 600 watts, not 300watts like many of you have said would happen?

Thanks, Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85