Quote:

So since the 80's are the top of the line Axiom speaker, do they have a high and low pass design, or passive? If they are setup with a high and low pass crossover design, they should be able to be "truely" bi amped. I also talked to JC at Axiom tonight and he said if you have seperate monoblock amps that are 300 watts each, you would then be providing the 80's 600 watts, not 300watts like many of you have said would happen?

Randy,

Page 2 of the manual is very clear. Based on the description in the manual, I would expect the 80s to have two passive cross-overs: one for the bass drivers and one for the mids and tweeters. These are effectively connected in parallel when using a single amp and disconnected from each other when the bridging bars are removed for bi-amping.

You really do need to contact Axiom about power handling however. The 80s are rated to 400W RMS continuous. How exactly this is divided between the drivers when bi-amping is not clear. I know that Axiom claims to drive these at 700W but will Axiom warrant them at these levels? And if so, the question still stands, how is this power divided amongst the drivers? And what exactly is the impedance of each section (I would expect 12 Ohms for the mids and tweeters and 6 Ohms for the woofers; which would translate to 133W for the mids and tweeters section and 267W for the woofers).

So I guess you are considering two MPS-1s ?