Just to add fuel to the fire...

No one here has ever said, "I finally bit the bullet and bought M22's to replace my M60's. Can't believe I waited this long!". But you will find the inverse happening from time to time.

Unless your specific situation (room size, WAF, budget, etc) requires bookshelves, the M60 or M80 will sound 'better'. More bass, more presence, more capability. More better speaker goodness.

That said, I was relatively satisfied with my M22+crappy sub setup for a couple of years. Upgrading the sub made a world of difference, and if that hadn't started a massive upgradeitis flare-up, I would have been quite content with that. M22's are *excellent* speakers for the money. I'm using mine as rear surrounds and it makes me sad that they don't get more use. Eventually they will find their way to my office where they will once again be happy....

But M22's can't compete with the M80's. Owning both, I know this for a fact. And according to most, M80's are only a slight upgrade from the M60's.

So my advice? If you haven't even made it 30 days and are playing the 'what if' game, then you're not completely satisfied with the speakers. If you can afford the upgrade, do it.

If you're skipping the sub, the m22's just won't work unless you are going to use them for like extreme near-field speakers (like desktop monitors). They have no bass below about 60hz and you will find them lacking if you're going to ask them to do much bass. With a decent sub (Axiom, SVS, HSU, etc), they are delightful for home theater and very good for stereo. But if you want a rich, full, and lush soundstage, with jaw-dropping dynamics and the ability to 'blow women's clothes off' (sorry, just watched The Italian Job again) floor-standers (M50/M60/M80) are the way to go.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office