Bridgman, that was a great explanation of brightness. Thank you.

Scuffer, when I started my research for my speaker purchase last year, I decided to audition the Polk RTi12s, Klipsch RF-83 and the Swan Divas in my home. At that point, I had never heard of Axiom.

I had no problem finding RF-83s. As for the Polks and Divas, it was like these companies had a best kept secret and didn't want to share it with the world. I couldn't find a dealer that had the RTi12s so I decided to call Polk for help. I gave one of their customer service representatives all my contact info so that he could get back to me with a dealer name. A few days later, I still hadn't received the information so I decided to e-mail them. A few days after that, I gave up. I experienced pretty much a similar situation with the Divas.

Then one day while reading through the Polk boards, I ran into Axiom. As I started researching, I realized that there are actually people behind this company that may be able to help me . They not only made my buying experience simple and pleasant but they also bent over backwards and helped me out when I found a problem. To make a long story short, I auditioned Axiom and Klipsch in my home and the decision was actually very easy for me. I would have liked to compare the others as well but it appears that they simply didn't care for me, the potential customer.

I am very happy with my Axioms. They are not bright or forward as many describe but they are not dull or laid back either. Rather, they are very accurate and I like that. When I finally found the optimal set-up for my M80s, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I (and others who have listened) initially mistook it for surround and had to confirm for myself that my VP150 and QS8s weren't on. I feel that I not only purchased a great product but also bought into a great company with tremendous human resources.

Whatever electro-acoustic transducer you decide on, I hope that it provides you the same sonic pleasure that I and my loved ones have found in the Axioms.