I've read many threads on AVSforum over the past few years about people going into the Service Menu and tweaking certain options for VB. Some have been successful, some have not, some have made things worse.

I'm just trying to figure out if what I'm seeing is in fact VB.

I found a few posts where a guy had a Z2 and after a few years of owning it, started seeing vertical lines. He was not sure it was VB either. He sent it into Sanyo, and they could not reproduce the problem. When he got it back he still had the problem. The Sanyo guy told him to try unplugging the projector for a minute before using it, and that worked for this guy. However, after some time the lines would appear again, and he would have to continue to unplug the projector each time.

Another guy said he had a similar problem, and was using a cheaper DVI cable. Then he ordered a nice one from Blue Jeans and the problem stopped. He said it was a resistance problem or whatever with the cheaper cable?

It is just weird that I really have not had the problem until the last few months or so. When it first started, it seemed the lines would go away after about 15 minutes, or I would just get used to them...

It is funny that the other night when I unplugged the projector before using it, the lines went away. However, returned tonight when my kid and I watched Superman "The Movie".

This stuff sucks....

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85