Augsburg is close by, it's a nice town. For a more sobering trip, Dachau is close. Slightly farther away is Stuttgart where you can tour the Porsche factory and Nurnberg (Nuremburg), site of the Nazi Party rallies in the 30's and the Tribunals following WWII. The stadium where the Nazi rallies were held still exists and is very, very disquieting. Really, you can't go wrong in general. It's Bavaria, fer chrissake! Oktoberfest and Bavaria are pretty much synonymous. I spent more than a few leave days in Munich and environs in my day. A hint: Weisswurst and Blutwurst look disgusting but are actually quite delicious.

A little farther north, Bad Nauheim, Bonn, and Frankfurt are nice places. My guess is that you are flying in to Frankfurt, which is a good start. 10 days total in Central Europe opens many possibilities. Vienna, Prague, an Budapest are not all that far away. Just try not to cram too much in to your visit. Pick a few spots and enjoy them!

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti