Geez, didnt mean to stir the pot so much, I found the M22ti's to be much much brighter than any speaker I have previously heard, the sound felt very unnatural to me, but that doesnt mean it feels unnatural to you. Having had musical experience, I am generally familiar with the sound of instruments, and I felt that the cymbals were very harsh, yes, I am aware that cymbals produce very high, loud sounds, but no, I dont feel that the sound I got from the Axioms was producing this sound accuratly, to me it was very straining. I am using a Yamaha, which is typically a bright reciever, this may have a lot to do with the sound. I talked to Joe V on the phone and asked him about recievers, he said for someone in my situation (looking for a new reciever as well), perhaps a warmer reciever, a Denon or a HK would be a better match. I am not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, or say that Axiom doesnt make a good speaker, I just feel that for me, the combination I have, perhaps even my room, made the speaker sound unnaturally extended in the hi's. I have nothing but praise for Axiom and the assistance they provided, even after I decided to return the speakers. I dont want to discourage anyone from buying them, just throw in another opinion for them to consider. Perhaps insanely bright was a bit overboard, but due to the brightness, I couldnt listen to them for more than a few minutes. I guess thats about it, if you guys still have complaints/questions about em, feel free to email me, ill try to give you an unbiased analysis.