I think Axiom ought to just stick with speakers. They do such a lovely job, why muddy the waters with an amp? What's next, their own receiver? CD Players? Toaster ovens?

Axiom wants to charge $3,850 for this amp. Maybe that's couch-change for some, but it's not for me and I'd bet it isn't for many Axiom owners. Axiom speakers are currently relatively inexpensive, high-value, excellent-quality products. The surprise ringer in the corner, as it were. Axiom has also long touted that their speakers are easily driven by most AV receivers (M80's excepted, perhaps), and has seemed to promote the 'amps don't matter', mentality (see Alan's numerous commentaries and prevailing forum attitudes).

So why try to sell a $4k amp? That's a pretty expensive amp, compared to many other offerings. Even if it does 'set a new standard' or 'raise the bar', it's still an expensive piece of equipment for what it does. And if it does set some new standard of amp goodness, then why? Anyone with an 'amps don't matter' attitude that bandwagons on the A1400 has some explaining to do.

To me, it just seems that it doesn't fit with Axiom's philosophy. It's not my company, so my opinion matters for squat, but I don't get it.

Unless, of course, they're being tempted by the profit margins of 'high-end' audio products....

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/14/07 03:57 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office