I've gone back and read a few of Alan's articles, and I will admit that I stand corrected in saying that Axiom is in the 'amps don't matter camp'. What I meant was the outside of the physical aspects, amps-don't-matter camp. I didn't mean to say that an amp absolutely doesn't matter, and I wasn't clear on that point. Certainly, driving speakers to fill a large living space driven at high volume requires more watts, and I have no doubts that the A1400 certainly will deliver on the wattage promise.

It is a perfectly fair and valid point that some folks need more power than others. I am in total agreement with that. Sirquack did have problems with the Emotiva MPS, but my 'cheap' LPA-1 performs flawlessly to dangerous-to-my-hearing levels in my 3300 cu ft room.

The point I failed to make was that I find it somewhat odd that Axiom is getting into the amplifier market with a "high-dollar" amp, when Axiom speakers are commonly regarded as relatively inexpensive. If Axiom made $5,000/pair speakers, I would understand a $4,000 amp. But they don't (yet...).

Truly, I hope the amp becomes a runaway success for them, and leads to the development of more and more Axiom products. I'm just saying that I think it's somewhat odd.

Heck, I'd probably buy an Axiom toaster oven.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/14/07 08:38 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office