I don't remember where it was mentioned, but someone was saying that Mission: Impossible III had disappointing, forgettable audio. I don't know if that's just the DVD release or not, but I re-watched the HD DVD version now that I have the EP600, and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Maybe I'm just easily impressed. I thought they did a pretty decent job, and the LFE was definitely there.

Speaking of the EP600, I played around with placement today. I did the sub crawl and found that moving it just a few feet down the same wall gave much more satisfying results. It's pretty cool that at the same SPL I'm getting so much more impact.

Also, generally speaking, I'm happy with the improvement in sound quality that the high-definition formats bring. Both the video and audio seem like the step forward that they should be. I find myself more drawn in than on any DVDs I own. It's getting harder and harder to keep watching DVDs. It's too bad the format war had to happen.

It's fun to ride this wave, even if it ultimately ends up crashing against broad consumer disinterest.