Sushi,

thanks for the great advice. Unfortunately, since I am an apartment dweller, I really have no choice but to put the AV rack where it is right now. I could put it where the computer is, but then the computer would have to go where the AV rack is. We are just that short on space. I am actually typing from within a closet right now....literally =)

I did not think that the heigh would be too much of an issue. For screen height, it wont be any taller than 40". If the screen is 18" from the ceiling, 40" tall, that leaves 38" from the bottom of the ceiling to the groung. That is almost exactly the right size from what Im thinking for an audio rack for right there.

For projectors, budget is the "only" factor right now. I am considering either the Infocus X1 of the Sanyo Plv-z1. I will purchase the X1, find out if I see the "rainbows" due do it being a DLP projector, if so, I will take it back and purchase the Sanyo.

I started thinking front projection just recently. I was going to be happy and pick up a 46" Sony RPTV. The cost was going to be around $1700 w/ the stand. After looking into these two projectors, I realized I could have something a little more fun for the same cost.