Sushi:
I think you got Mahesh and me wrong. We are not stating to "choosing a projector based on throw offset". We are stating only features that some projectors offer such as "Lens Shift" (like the PLV-Z1) or projectors that have image offsets in general. Twopecker on has limited space to work around and certain features that some projector offer can alleviate his concerns. In his situation we are working with only 8-11.5 for projector location. The .5 will be needed for ventilation because some of the units can generate a lot of heat. For instance if he wanted a 100" and he wanted to table mount it which will only work at around 8.5-9 feet since the sitting location is at 10-12 feet then a short trow len projector will be needed to get that 100" picture like a Panny AE300. At 9 feet the biggest picture you will get is around 78"-80" inches diagonal 16:9 for the Infocus X1 that he is planning to buy. I apologize if I otherwise assumed that you comment was incorrect.

twopecker:
If you expect and look for rainbows you will find it. Tolerance for the rainbows is different to each individual. After 2-3 weeks of using the X1 I do not see it at all or barely see it. Like a brand new M22 one might seem to think it may sound bright. After a couple of weeks you get accustomed to it and say WOW! All the people who have come over have not complained once about the projector. Most are supprised of how vivid the colors look on my 78" diagonal 16:9 picture. I have movie nights on Fridays now because of it. I watch a lot of asia market kung-fu films and I have not seen the rainbows on the subtitles that some people have mentioned. Hero was amazing on the Z1. When I get a chance I will post some pictures of my setup and of a picture quality. IMHO the X1 gives the best picture using a HTPC. Next best is a progressive player via component to special component to Svideo connection into the Faroudja DCDi scaler. Order the connector from Infocus because it doesnt come with the package anymore. Mandarax (or something like that)from avsforum.com http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=68 makes a custom mount for the X1 and it can be vertically mounted anywhere on a wall. Some people have the same issue as you and just mount the X1 just below the fan having the mount attached to the vertical wall not the ceiling. At 11 feet sitting position the X1 at 8 feet 80" diagonal 16:9 picture does not show a screen door. The Z1 at 8 feet does show a little of the screen door. A soft defocusing makes it disappear. At 10+ feet you can not see any screen door in either. The Z1 does appear a little bit brighter. Both are vivid. I watch also 4:3 cable TV and there is a PS2 in the picture. The X1 does a better job since the projector is a 4:3 projector. The Z1 is a 16:9 projector. If you are using HD or satellite you might be better of with the Z1.
Bother are great projectors for the price. You won't go wrong with either.

Saturn