I figured we should have a thread discussing features we'd like to see on the upcoming Axiom pre/pro, assuming its development doesn't get stalled at some point. It seems like it would be a very big undertaking, especially given how fast things move in that space. I don't know if they intend to fully embrace the latest and greatest A/V formats or simply provide solid performance of what's been firmly established.

As for me, I'd like to see a GUI that you can view through the HDMI connection, rather than needing to switch to an analog connection like on my current Onkyo receiver. Probably a tall request, but it's a pain, and it defeats one of the points of HDMI when you have to have another connection just to tweak settings. True, you can access the same settings going by just the front read-out, but that can be harder to decipher. Soooo... a snazzy semi-transparent overlay would be cool, but I won't hold my breath, as I don't really know how hard that is to do. Is ANYONE doing that over HDMI right now? I know Sony was showing off what would be their new interface a while ago, but was that able to sit on top of the image on a digital connection? I don't know. I don't really have a lot of experience with the latest user interfaces on receivers and pre/pros.

Customizable audio and video presets for each input. It would be nice to choose what audio/video processing, if any, should be applied, conveniently, with a minimum of button presses. I'm sure a lot of people have specific ways they want to view or listen to their material, but based on what kind of media it is and which player they're playing it on. It would be nice to have that level of customization, and what would be even cooler is the ability to back up those settings to a file on your computer (network functionality) in case you need to reset the unit.

Those are just two things to think about off the top of my head. Now that the ball's rolling, what would the rest of you want to see in a pre/pro?