Wow.

My Dear Friends (aka Peter, Rick, Nick, Rick, Shaun, Shawn, Sean, John, Larry, Randy, Ray, Mark, Mike, JP ,Ken, and Bren)

Please know that I am grateful that you thought of me today. My birthday - as with most of my other days - was happier because of you.

Unfortunately, any sanctioned "Tuttlefest" must - by law - be held in either Thailand or Pullman, WA. As I am financial unable to visit the former and eternally unwilling to return to the latter, I fear that we will have to define an alternative Fest.

As Mark and Ray are too well aware, I already drank the Home Theatre Master Kool Aid some time ago. We actually did a bit of shopping for Panasonic Plasmas today to no conclusion. Ray, I am sorry to say that I'm not sure the commercial version would easily meet my needs. I think I need both HDMI and a tuner; by the time I add those options to the card slots, I might as well get the consumer version. But, that's another thread

Randy, what excuse do you use the other 364 days to drink beer at lunch time?

Mike, I define myself by neither vintage nor flatulence. But, you know, thanks

We had a delightful lunch (including the raw meat - yummy). I saw my Mom for a while, without whom this day would not be possible. I missed my Dad. I received greetings both meaningful and whimsical from other friends. In the context of our mid-day calorie binge, I dined tonight upon Maytag Bleu, Tillamook Vintage White Cheddar, sourdough baguette and a indescribably delicious, 2-time GABF Gold medal winning Black Bear XX Foreign Stout from Alameda Brewhouse in Portland. Did I mention my kids got me Cooking Mama for the Wii?

Bren, my union brother, you know as well as I do that I neither deserve nor aspire to such accolades.

As I strive to each day, I savored many joyful moments and seemingly simple pleasures. That goal is made much easier by your friendship and ongoing tutelage. I am thankful for the warm wishes and toasts, and grateful to have all of you in my life.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem