The PS3 is still the only BR player that supports all the LPCM audio formats and video formats (including 1080P/24). It is HDMI 1.3, so I suspect that it will eventually support DTS-M and DD-HD as well. I’m continually impressed with the frequency of firmware updates Sony pushes to it, and it is by far…the fastest loading of all HD and BR players. My el’cheapo Bluetooth to IR gadget works wonderfully, so I now can use my programmable remote with it. Not having a discrete on/off remote function bothers me, but I’ve learned to deal with it.

I keep watching for a stand alone BR player to buy, but every time one comes out, there is always something that it misses. I absolutely HATE having a game machine on my rack, but there just isn’t anything that can compare to it yet.

One down side to the PS3 is SD video up conversion. It is now pretty good with the latest firmware update, but the Samsung with Reon is better (forgot which model). But, the Samsung does not support all the video / audio formats the PS3 does.

For receiver, I thought you were buying an Onkyo 875?? Or was that someone else??

I’m not a big Onkyo fan, but the 875 and 905 have me thinking differently. I would choose the 905 because it has added noise reduction over the 875, more Reon configuration options (which you will appreciate), and it is Audysey Pro compatible.

Or, if separates appeal to you, the Onkyo Pro 885 pre/pro and Integra 9.8 are looking very attractive at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, the 905 has more control over the Reon than either Pre/Pro. You would loose balanced outputs if you go with the AVR’s over the Pre/Pros, but who really needs them anyway?? Unless you want to set up your amps in a bedroom closet on the other end of your home, balanced don’t do much for you….IMHO