Quote:

If not, could someone explain...and if so, why is there so much stress about this issue?

Because people are too proud to think their audio equipment has flaws (i.e., not perfect). It must be the recording is becoming used way too often. Speakers and especially room interactions are often a distant third.

Quote:

I believe when people say "ruler flat", they mean to say "ruler flat in comparison to the vast majority of other speakers". On that point I would definitely agree.

Mojo, that is a pretty broad and a rather exaggerated conclusion to make considering the number of speaker brands out there and the lack of graphs or other data as proof either way.
If you look at the online graphs of speakers other than Axiom, there are other very good speakers; Thiel and Energy being two off the top of my head.
I guarantee they sound different from Axioms and i've never heard/read anyone state they found Thiels to be a bright speaker. Yes i'm sure someone can find a post out there but Axioms have gained a description of being bright, Thiels have not.
Coincidence? Or not?
Again, no proof either way.

Once a person starts to listen to alot of other brands, and hopefuly could try some in an a/b home test, the description of bright that i use for my Axioms still stands.
But they sound great in our media room, so i'm happy, especially for the price paid.

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/26/07 04:39 AM.