Quote:

Oh yes, a good reason not to become handicapped is that you'll have to dish out a fortune for carpet because companies don't warranty a residential carpet for wheelchair use. Over $2000 in carpeting just for that room.

I dropped almost $1000 (after price searching dozens of stores which all had the same pattern) in carpet for my room and it is about half the size of yours... I think that the better reason to not become handicapped, is just that you wouldn't be handicapped...

Seriously though. Some people here are a bit serious about their data. It is all good, and you will see that they are getting to a point, yet taking a somewhat competative and fun approach to it.

My 2 cents are the same as many others. You were at AVS when you heard the "bright" comment. I am about 99% sure of that. I mean, we've all been there at some point. It was the comments on that site that almost steered me away from Axioms, but then I would send a PM to some of the more vocal people, and they either wouldn't respond, or would say something like "well, everyone know that they are bright" or "my friend has/had a set and he said that they were bright compared to..." Of all of the responses back, I think that I got 1, and only 1 that actually had listened to Axioms in person. This guy owned them, and said that they were bright in a post over there, but in a PM said that he was finding that he really was liking the Axioms (M60's) the more he listened to them. I don't think that he ever went back and rebuttled his own post, but he helped to convince me that first impressions can be wrong. Plus source material has a big impact. There are some CDs I own, from some lesser known (lower budget) groups that I refuse to even play over my Axioms because I hear how bad of a recording they are. Instead, they are in my car, which has upgraded speakers and head unit, but still isn't anywhere near the quality of my Axioms. In that small, imperfect little environment, those "crap recorded" CDs sound just fine.

Farewell - June 4, 2020