I have been upset with Denon ever since I bought a DVD-2900 (one of the first universal players) for $1000 and it stopped working after two years. That said, if you are sold on Denon, then the DVD-1930 can be found at Magnolia stores for about $150.00 (as they phase them out for the 1940.)

I now have an OPPO DV-970HD. It has been interesting because of it's SACD history. When I bought it, it would not play the gap-less tracks without a pause. This is very annoying on many recordings. They have released an effect firmware update which you can download from their site. The player still has a minor SACD problem in that it skips the long pauses that are suppose to be between tracks. There is a subtle, but audible "pop" and the next track begins. This only affects SACD, not CD, DVD, or DVD-A. I have not heard whether or not this has been corrected in the DV-980H. I talked to their customer service about the problem and their engineers acknowledged it long before the 980 came out, so they probably did.

They did go to black for the DV-980-H, so it would look a lot like the Denon player.

Jim