I suggest you visit this site:

How to run speaker wire

And judge for yourself. I would never run the wire like you did, that is just me. I like to elimiate all possible problems that may occur in the future, if I can prevent it, I do.

here is an excerpt:
 Quote:

Routing the speaker wire

The rules
This is the hardest part of the install, not only in terms of skill, but also the physical labor involved. Some parts of retrofitting speaker wire are two-person jobs, so make sure you have someone else to work with.

The following tips offer general guidelines to keep in mind when routing speaker wire through walls and ceilings. We'll cover more details in illustrations later on.

* Don't run it close to power cables — this can negatively affect the sound. (You can find out where the power cables are in your home by exploring nearby crawlspaces, or possibly by obtaining a copy of the electrical plan from your builder.) Don't let speaker wire and AC power cable run parallel for more than 5 feet. If they do, keep them a minimum of 12 inches apart, but preferably at least 2-3 feet apart. If they cross paths, keep them at 90-degree angles.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com